- Choosing Care
- Meet Our Caregivers
- Google Reviews
- Community Resources
- Comfort Keepers Brochures
- How to Start the Conversation
- Senior Care and Your Family
- Types of Home Care
- Paying for Senior Care
- Legal Considerations for Seniors
- Senior Mind
- Senior Body
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Comfort Keepers Articles
Senior Body: Home Caregivers Help Seniors Stay Healthy
How home caregivers can improve your loved one’s quality of life in Gainesville, GA
Most of us have heard enough research and listened to enough advice from doctors to know how impactful exercise and activity is for our physical health. But for most of us, knowing the facts doesn’t help us change our busy schedules or lifestyles that are built around sedentary work, hobbies, or socializing. As we age, it becomes even more important to be sure that we can maintain our best physical health.
When you work with home caregivers from Comfort Keepers Gainesville, you’ll see that we take a more holistic view of physical activity and health. For us, maintaining physical health is much more than an exercise regimen. We can help with:
- Maintaining physical safety in the home and eliminating trip-and-fall or other hazards
- Incorporating mental activity and stimulation into everyday life
- Cooking healthy recipes and keeping fresh food in the home
- Mobility assistance and help using mobility devices
- Transportation to nature walks, shopping malls, community festivals, and other excursions that increase physical activity
- Medication reminders and assistance following directives from doctors or physical therapists
Home caregivers can help with every aspect of physical health, including taking good care of your mind. Companion care is the heart of what we do, and that opportunity to connect with another person, share a conversation, and receive assistance with everyday tasks is integral to the health of many seniors.
If your loved one has directives from a doctor or other medical provider regarding dietary restrictions, daily stretches or exercises, or scheduled medications, our home caregivers can help make sure those instructions are easy to follow and maintain. The best way to maintain physical health is to follow the guidance of doctors, physical therapists, and any other medical care provider.
If you’re worried about the declining health of an aging loved one, contact Comfort Keepers of Gainesville, GA. Our home caregivers will work with you for a custom care plan that will meet your family’s individual needs and circumstances. Get started by scheduling your in-home consultation today.
Comfort Keepers of Gainesville provides care services in the following cities and neighborhoods in Georgia:
Alto, Baldwin, Braselton, Chestnut Mountain, Clarkesville, Clayton, Clermont, Cleveland and Helen, Commerce, Cornelia, Dacula, Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Demorest, Gainesville, Habersham County, Homer, Hoschton, Lakemont, Lula, Maysville, Mount Airy, Mountain City, Murrayville, Oakwood, Rabun County, Sautee-Nacoochee, Tallulah Falls, Toccoa, Toccoa Falls, Turnerville